The fabric of Britain as we know it is being ripped apart. So much is changing, almost behind our backs, we haven't got time to notice what is happening to us. And it is happening fast.

Sunday 11 December 2011

Bureaucratic nonsense (waste of money)


Yesterday I got two bizarre letters from the DWP about how I must choose between working (signing off benefits) and reducing my permitted work to less than £20-worth a week.

Considering that I made a £1,900 loss on my work last year - and that they based their decision on my declared earnings for 2007-2008, which were zero and I wasn't even receiving any benefits - this is getting more Kafka-esque by the week.

Last month the JobCentrePlus invited me in for a discussion about my permitted work. I told them about the year's £1900 loss and that I'd been too unwell to work at all from April to October this year. These letters are the results of that interview.



How can I refute an assertion that is based on made-up information?

Can anybody suggest how this process is intended to help me (and people like me) back to self-employment?

Even more crucially, HOW the hell would someone, who is as sick as I was in 2007, be supposed to deal with such accusatory bollocks??

I am at a loss to understand how any of this even aids the national economy, let alone supports people back to work.
It clearly un-supports those trying to forge their way in an enterprise economy, against the barriers of ill health. Yet, simultaneously,  refuses to assist people who need assistance.

What can I do?

Please use the Write To Them box to the right of this page; hassle your MPs and other representatives for more compassion AND logic to the UK's support system.

The Ministers for the DWP are:

Also see our Petitions page. There's a vote of confidence (ahem) in David Cameron's administration. Petitions of this nature need a lot of signatures in order to carry weight.

Remember - they work for us! Make them get some common sense.

Back to top

No comments:

Post a Comment


later posts

earlier posts

Home